The main functions of the State Commission are given below:
1) Public Awareness: Creating greater public awareness on rights of children and the role of duty bearers in the society.
2) Monitoring: Monitoring implementation of all laws, policies, programs and activities and functioning of institutional mechanisms relating to children in the state.
3) Recommendations: Recommending appropriate authorities to address gaps in legal and policy framework as well as their implementation ensuring rights based approach.
4) Grievance Redressal: Receive complaints on the child right violations and ensuring justice for the victims.
5) Research: Undertake research and documentation on various aspects of child rights
The details functions as per the CPCR Act 2005 can be seen at the below link: